VISITors are always welcome!
YOUR FIRST CLASS
Visitors are welcome at all classes. Visitors may try a first class at no charge, but a signed waiver is required before any student may step on the mat.
- We follow the COVID-19 policy of our hosts, the Atlanta Friends Meeting. As of Feb 1, 2023, the policy is masking is optional. At this time, only fully vaccinated and boosted persons (children and adults) are invited to train.
- For your first class, wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely. It is best if your knees and elbows are covered. Sweatpants and a long-sleeved tee shirt work very well.
- Please remove all jewelry.
- We train barefoot.
- Bring a water bottle; we have a fountain to refill it.
- It is also requested that you bring zori (flip flops) to wear in the building when you are not on the mat.
- Be on the mat and ready to begin a couple minutes before the start of class. Sit quietly and prepare yourself for training.
Before a student can step on the mat the first time, they (or, if the student is under 18 years old, their parent or guardian) must complete a Liability Waiver. You can download, print, and complete the waiver and bring it with you to class, or you can complete one at the dojo.
February 2023 – Only fully vaccinated and boosted students may train at Aikido of Georgia, including children. The current recommended procedure is “Masks Are Optional”.
August 2022 – Only fully vaccinated and boosted students may train at Aikido of Georgia, including children. All persons in the dojo building must wear a properly fitting mask at all times. This includes all children, both in class as well as any younger children who may be sitting watching the class with parents. In addition, we follow any additional COVID policies posted by our landlord, the Atlanta Friends Meeting.